PROBIOTIC SUPPLEMENTATION, AS A TREATMENT IN DENGUE HEMORRHAGIC FEVER(DHF) I, II, III:
According to World Health Organization, dengue is the most rapidly spreading mosquito-borne viral disease in the world. In the last 50 years, the incidence has increased 30 fold with increasing geographic expansion to new countries.
Many countries has done research on Probiotics against dengue and result was so encouraging! It can stop DHN in less than 24 hours!
In DHF probiotics supplementation was associated with:
- Higher proportion of dengue patient with resolution of fever, nose bleeding noted as early as 24th hour of treatment.
- Improvement of platelet count, hemoglobin and hematocrit was also noted.
- Hospital stay was shortened to 3.2 days.
- There was no significant effect on blood pressure, heart rate and respiratory rate.
- No adverse event with probiotic supplementation was observed.
Credit to: http://affectionalpharmacopeia.blogspot.com/2016/09/dengue-its-treatment-with-pre-probitocs.html